Thursday, January 13, 2011

my park

I was thinking about this yesterday- does everybody have a park that they can call their own? A place where you have lovely memories of getting pushed on a swing by your mum or dad, or sitting on a pincic rug giggling with your cousins while having a family barbeque, or a place where you learnt to ride your first bike, or just a nice place to walk through and feel the fresh air, and the soft grass under your feet. For me, this place is Hardcastle Park in Hawthorne. 

It holds other memories too. Freedom and independence of walking down and catching a CityCat from the ferry terminal here- the first time I went into the city alone to catch up with friends as a teenager, my first day of university, starting a "grown up" job as a graduate.

I took these photos yesterday of "my park". 






No comments:

Post a Comment