Thursday, January 20, 2011

don't sweat it

Earlier in the week, our CEO gathered our team together. As part of the informal meeting, she asked each of us our new years resolution.

When it reached her turn, she simply said her resolution was: "Don't sweat the small stuff".

This is one of my all time favourite life advice to live by. Sometimes though you need to remind yourself of this, otherwise before too long you may find your mind unwillingly slipping back into it's old ways.  And today, I found myself having a moment of...sweating the small stuff.

It was a real lightbulb moment for me that there was a reason why my CEO had re-instilled this in me only days earlier.

I highly recommend the below book which encourages you to keep things in perspective. Even though I read this book as a grade 9er in highschool in 2001 (woah 10 years ago!), it is still so relevant.

Today's moral...

credit: don't sweat

No comments:

Post a Comment