Thursday, September 1, 2011

30 day challenge

Well, it is the start of a new month, and I have reached the end of my 30 day challenge to read a book everyday for 30 days!

So how did I go?
Well not too bad.

I read the majority of days of the challenge- definately over 20 days worth (I had lots of motivation to start with and got into a really good habit of reading everyday, then I fell off the bandwagon for about a week, but then have picked it back up again and have been wanting to read my book). Considering I started this challenge at 0%, I think I have made quite the improvement!

The challenge has:
 * Reignited my love of books and reading and that "I can't wait to get back to reading my book" feeling

* Set me up in a nice weeknight routine of reading a book before bed

* Relearned a behaviour- Even though this challenge has officially ended, I am going home to read my book tonight and hope to continue to do so! :)
___________

So what next? I feel like I gained momentum with this first 30 day challenge and would like to start a new one each month to continue to CHANGE TO A POSITIVE HABIT :) Another one I have started recently in the past month is a  morning and night 3-step skin care regime (which may seem silly but has been on my to do list FOREVER and something I'm proud I have finally begun!) and so far so good. 

For my September 30 day challenge I would like to build from the prior month, and focus on some of my health and welbeing goals and in doing so I will:

* Continue to follow the 3-step skin care regime morning and night
 * Not eat a single biscuit from the work biscuit jar (If my fellow colleague can pledge to do it for the whole of 2011 I can do it for 1 month out of the year!!!!!!)
*Go back to having a budget-conscious relationship with food during work hours and curb spending at Woolworths. (I think I might need to set some guidelines here!)

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment