Tuesday, May 24, 2011

a baby shower

On Saturday I attended my cousin Stacey's baby shower. It was held at her brother's and his wife Alicia's  (my cousin-in-law?) house. The place is gorgeous and has lots of nice little features like a magenta upholstered velvet chair, a ghost chair in the study, pops of turquoise cushions and chandelliers. Alicia and all the other women involved had put so much effort into making the baby shower really special. The table was set with cupcake stands, teacups and lot of yummy food!  Here are a few pictures I took.

Kitchen preparation




The morning tea- I love the detail of the pastel egg cupcakes (baby chick about to hatch in their nest!)
and baby rattes and baby feet cupcakes 


Boy or Girl handmade quilt- The other side was pink with love hearts and stars! What a thoughful baby shower gift.

Chandellier above the dining room table, and looking into the living room

The mother-to-be present opening chair!
The white chairs that were brought in from outside were decorated for the guests to sit on with mini bouquets- cut out cardboard flowers, with a spotted bow ribbon


The study- A ghost chair and a white lacqured table! I like the colour of the walls too- a nice taupe colour.

Alicia if your reading this I hope you don't mind I put some photos of your house up! I loved it and I found lots of inspiration for my townhouse! Stacey and Aunty Joce- thank-you for having mum and I at the baby shower, we both had a really lovely time.

No comments:

Post a Comment