Thursday, February 24, 2011

birthday presents

This past week I received some lovely birthday presents from my nearest and dearest and thought I would share with you a few of the special ones...

My mum gave me a blown up, white framed photograph I took of my reflection in a 5th Avenue store window in New York. I love this photo because it captures a really special moment in time for me. I was in awe to finally be in a place I had dreamt about for so long.

As a former photographer, mum liked this photograph as she thought it was "artistic"-  It juxtaposes the elegance and compsure of Manhattan (Tiffany's high end designer window- Some style is legendary) with the energetic fast-paced reflection of New York's iconic yellow taxi cabs, the people, the flag, the buildings. And me with my FAO Schwarz shopping bag, wrapped up in gloves and scarf, amongst it all :)


 A special mention also goes to my gorgeous friend Jess for my Ladelle "flock" tea towels (pic shown is ladelle treetops), and T2- Just Peppermint tea. I love both of them! Such thoughtful gifts... will definately be going to good use.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well I am back from Sydney and tonight my family (auntys, uncles and cousins) came over for chinese takeaway for dinner; which seems to be a bit of a traditional in our household! As I was away for my birthday on Monday, my extended family members gave me my birthday presents tonight.  A selection of my presents I received include...


i've been wanting one of these for forever! beach towel by country road
my favourite body wash- neroli jasmine by the body shop

Gelato bath sponge by annabel trends (such a cute product!)

No comments:

Post a Comment